The organizers of the ‘Decarbonize Real Estate Challenge’ is AV Management GmbH (VAT), in the following referred to as ‘Organizer’.
Entry Conditions and Restrictions
- The ‘Decarbonize Real Estate Challenge’ is aimed at startups and scaleups registered in Europe.
- Participation is limited to one application per registered company.
- The deadline for registration to the challenge is October 15, 2021.
- The deadline for the finalized application is October 22, 2021. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- Reapplication is not possible.
- Legal recourse is excluded.
Registration and Application Phases
- To participate in the ‘Decarbonize Real Estate Challenge’, a registration and application is required.
- Please register on [https://challenge.ampolon.com/](https://challenge.ampolon.com/) and submit the following information:
- Name of the contact person, Company Name, Email Address of the contact person, URL, Company Location, Product/Solution Description, pitch deck (optional)
- After registration applicants will be asked to fill out a short questionnaire to further explain their solution in detail.
- The application is only eligible for entry if both components (registration and questionnaire) have been submitted by the deadline and in formally correct media.
- Throughout the process, all teams should be available to answer any questions by phone or email.
- Only competition entries filed to deadline, and which are formally correct and on the specified media will be considered.
Competition entries will not be returned after the competition closes.
- The applications will be submitted to and evaluated by a jury.
- In addition, selected participants will present their ideas to the jury members in a short presentation followed by a question and answer session.
- The composition of the jury will be announced in the course of the challenge.
- The award for the selected solutions will take place in late October. The winner will receive a partnership agreement with one of the challenge’s industry partners.
- The details of this agreement will be settled between the winner of the challenge and the industry partner.
- If the jury decides none of the applications fulfill the criteria to be considered as a cooperation partner, the awards ceremony will be waived.
Cancellation of Challenge
- The organizers reserve the right to cancel the challenge without prior notice or obligation. Participants retain no claims to any specific prize.
- The organizer shall be liable to the competitors for damages only if they have been caused intentionally or through gross negligence. Liability for lost profit is excluded. The limitations do not apply for damages resulting from injury to life, limb, or health.
- Participants exempt the organizer from all possible claims by third parties that could be derived from any violations of copyrights, industrial property rights, trade secrets, or other rights due to the documents submitted.
- The organizers assume no liability for the correctness of the statements made by judges and other persons participating in the competition.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- Should individual provisions of these terms and conditions of participation be or become wholly or partly invalid, the validity of the remaining provisions shall not be affected.